Monday, December 1, 2008

I finished the toughest challenge of my life yesterday with a blast.
I participated in 'Inturac' (Intergrated Urban Adventure Challenge). IT WAS F*CKING tough, i mean it. Even climbing Mt. Ophir twice would be easier than this. My team members were Sholihin, Qi Hui, Weiyao, Rafiq.

Inturac follows the same concept as 'The Amazing Race'

So the race begins
We begun the race at 1pm at camelot campsite (a stones' throw from changi airport) with a 2km jog which everyone bolted through.

Then we moved on to do rock climbing, kayaking, raft building, and wall repelling, which lasted us all the way till 5pm.

This is the main highlight of the race really. Changi Airport > East Coast Park
As if we were'nt shagged enough, we were given only 2 bikes to make our way to east coast park -.- ( we were operating in 5 man teams. ) So me and Rafiq volunteered to jog east coast park, while Sholihin and Qi Hui biked there. Our run from changi airport to east coast park lasted a grueling 57 minutes. It was probably an 8km long run and left blisters all over my feet. I was running with sand in my wet shoes from kayaking earlier.

This is the next best part really. East Coast park > SUNTEC CITY =.=
Our next task at east coast park, was to get to suntec city. Jaw dropped, we were like "WHAT ?!". my 57minute run had already left me shagged up, and now i have to walk to suntec city from east coast park?!
F*ck you gotta be kidding. So we made our way to suntec, a grueling 3 hour walk, from 6 - 9pm.

THEN ...... SUNTEC CITY > ESPLANADE
Our task sheet directed us towards the esplanade from suntec city. so we walked there -.-. I left Sholihin, Qi Hui, and Wei Yao to complete our task at the esplanade.

Meanwhile, me and Rafiq took a good 45minute rest outside the esplanade. we put our bags down, and begin to sleep in the middle of the crowded pathway near the padang (yeah, we were that tired). I seriously fell asleep, and i woke up only to find the Inturac television crew with their cameras pointing at me and Rafiq. LOLZ. Being to dam tired and shagged to care, we simply smiled and carried on sleeping =.=.

AND THEN ....... ESPLANADE > PADANG > CINNELEISURE ORCHARD (Scape / youthpark)
Sholihin and the rest came running back from completing their task at around 10pm, and we set off for our last checkpoint, Cinneleisure Orchard. We bolted through large crowds and traffic lights to be the 6th or 7th team to arrive at youthpark at around 11pm (there were 17 - 18 teams in all i think).

I fell asleep soundly at 1am. And this is only day no.1

1 comment:

Children of Mae Sod said...

Didnt ask me to go ?! it sounds super fun pls