Sunday, January 31, 2010

Firstly, every fight is really just a huge mind game. Its really like a game of chess. Yesterday, I already lost the match before i stepped in the ring with coach. Because i know I'm not on the same level as him both technically and match fitness wise. It was a really demoralizing mentality going into a match already picturing defeat.

The result? I had my left arm all smashed up and got a total bashing. By the second round I was so tired and coupled with the horrible -out of this world- pain in my arm, i felt that i was already mentally fried. In fact i didnt really care about how my opponent was showering me with kicks in all directions anymore, just thinking "OH FUCK IT seriously, you know what, hit me for all i care, I really cant be bothered with this already". well, as the saying goes, no pain no gain. I guess i learned my lesson. If you go into a fight with a mentality like that, then you've already lost the match before it's started.

And then when training was over, i went to vivo for an outing with my long lost classmates. It was actually fun-ner than i expected it to be, and i swallowed half a can of Heineken for the first time. And i don't understand why people drink that shit. Sorry but I'm not the kind that drinks stuff to intentionally fry my liver up. I reached home at midnight, and slept at 1am.

After 3 hours of sleep, i woke up at 4am to eat breakfast for my race. I seriously felt like shit. My left arm was feeling the full force of yesterday's pounding and smashing, and my legs and back were seriously fucking sore ( yeah, fucking - sore ). So during my race i was really just fighting to put one foot infront of the other in a comfortable running pace. In fact, my whole strategy was to run the distance between the water stations in the race route (maybe 2-3km intervals), pour water over my head, drink a cup of hundred plus, and walk for a few minutes, and set off for the next station and repeat. hahahahaha. In the end it was a real fight mentally (strangely i was more mentally exhausted than physically exhausted). And i managed to finish the 12.5km in around 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Plunging into waist deep water, crawling through mud pools that smell like shit, climbing steps, walls, monkey bars, this is definitely one of my favorite races so far !!!

My body is a machine that takes me where i want to go.
It does what i want it to do, goes where i want it to go.
It doesn't stop unless I give it permission to
it doesn't control me, i control it.

No comments: