Saturday, January 23, 2010

Went to Pulau Ubin for cycling with tkd mates today. I'd say that our trip was really good !! We cycled from around 12.30 till around 4pm, though in reality it felt like a flash forward because it was so fun especially on the down-slopes (though the up hill climbs put a really cruel burning sensation on my thighs .. hahaha!). What a better way to spend a sunny afternoon cycling along the trials of pulau ubin in the company of good friends ? :D. In the end, we went to eat at Just Acia at Plaza Sing, where the highlight was mainly the free flow of ice cream and drinks, and went home, most of us feeling tired and sunburnt after a good day.





Next week, I'll do alot of interval trainings right up to race day on Sunday. FYI, I'm participating in the Men's Health Urbanatlon on Sunday (12km), feels kind of embarrassing to run this race given the title 'Men's health', sounds like some kind of macho dude event, which I'm totally not.
(im following the schedule from the men's health training recommendation for the race)
  • 4x200m Monday
  • 4x600m Tuesday
  • 4x300m (and Taekwondo :D) Wednesday
  • rest Thursday
  • 4x800 Friday
  • rest (Taekwondo :D) Saturday
  • race SUNDAY !!
To encourage those around me to try out long distance race events, I've always told them not to fear coming in last place in the race since the chances of that is really low. Firstly, they're the people that get injured or muscle cramps, those people are usually the people limping towards the finish line near the cut off times. Then , they're the jokers that start strong and run quickly, and later on when they start to feel tired, they just walk slowly ( very slowly in fact, because they're so tired. even a normal person would probably be walking alot faster than them. ), and those jokes usually come in very late in the race as well. If you just took the time to just walk the entire distance of the race, you probably still wouldn't come in last !!!

Ironically, today I'm worried that I may come in last in my race this Sunday :(, since its only 12km, I'd expect everyone to go out all strong and mighty fast. I'm really hopeless when it comes to speed / timed runs. My failure 2.4km timing is evidence of this fact !! T_T





Now that I've been living a life of no responsibilities for 3 weeks already, I've been thinking of how I'd make my living my everyday productively and fruitfully.

So, I've decided today. I'm going to give Mixed Martial Arts a shot ! If all goes well, I could just be joining Evolve Mix Martial Arts soon ! And I'm pretty excited about that :). And, I'll start writing a diary (Not that I'm trying to do anything sissy or gay , but I figured that if I recorded my life and take a look back at the things I've done, then I'd learn to appreciate my life better :D ).

If you have any suggestions / tips on living fruitfully, please tell me :)

No comments: