Monday, December 28, 2009

Well this is probably my last post for 2009! Lets see, where do i begin ? I dug through my archives and found the new year's resolutions that i posted here at the very start of this year !

Here they are

• Mug hard (its something i don't do often) contrary to what you think, I really tried very hard to mugggg this year.
• Score A-A-B-B for Alvls, or at least an A-B-B-B >.< - the Bs being mainly my chem and maths, if worst, bio.
• Be a finisher of 42km at Adidas Sundown Marathon 2009
• Be a finisher of 21km at Standard Chartered Marathon 2009 (well, i ran the 21km Army Half Marathon instead .. hahah)
• Run at least the first 20km continuously
• Get at least 4points for 2.4km.
• Get at least a gold for this year's fitness test.
• Visit Thailand at the end of the year for at least a week long of Muay Thai Training at FAIRTEX / RAWAII Muay Thai / or Por Pramuk gym.

I'm glad to say that only two things I've not been able to do, was to visit Thailand for my week long muay thai training, and the part on my A-A-B-B results. HAHAH, now, AABB is definitely not going to appear on my results slip, thats for sure.

What a year ! despite the alvl horrors, statistically, 2009 has been good for me isnt it?

This year i covered 78km of race mileage in total ! summing up all the mileage i picked up in my pre-race preparations, I think covered somewhere near a total of 120 - 150km in running mileage in 2009!!! Now, to a pro runner, 120-150km is probably peanuts. But ! its the 1st year, out my 18 years on this planet, that I've ran so much! Gotta say, pat me on the shoulder because im proud of myself ! heh !

But this year hasn't just been about running. This year has been about alot more. I feel much more confident and improved in tkd now, as compared to the start of the year. I've been working at it and trying to get better week after week, and I'm happy about that ! Practice makes perfect !

Whatever you do, running, swimming, biking, tkd, math, keep doing it over and over again, and you'll only get better and better, and nothing less ! And thats the most important thing I've learnt in 2009. LOL.

I hope when the alvl results are out next year, I'd get grades good enough to bring me where i want to go [physiotherapy , or osteopathy in an overseas university - most likely not going to happen, cus osteopathy is nearly equivalent to a medicine degree lol]. (OH I'D PRAY SO HARD !!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE DONT LET ME RETAIN IN JJC!!! ARGHHHHHHHHH.) I've got a really pessimistic feeling towards results day. I just hope nothing fucking absurd happens !! arghhhhhhhhhhh. fingers crossed, i really don't wanna retain in JJC, but if i do, then i have only myself to blame .. lol . SHIT man!

So, this concludes the chapter on 2009 in my life. Time to write the next chapter, bye bye and merry Christmas people!

No comments: