Sunday, April 5, 2009

taekwondo, and mileage

Mileage - Unknown
Time - Unknown

I ran the depths of Nanyang Technological University this evening. It was a route filled with notorious mountains of ups, and breezy downhills. It was kinda creepy running through NTU. Since i was jogging along the parameter in a nearly opaque sky, the scenery was simply dark jungle for most of the run. It was a good thing to bring along my MP3 for this run, it kept me distracted from the hauntings, and focused on the goal. Gotta say, NTU is one big place. Just running the parameters took me around an hour and a half to complete. Its my first run in a LONG LONG time, since I've been resting my pulled butt from some taekwondo training a few weeks back.

I'm going for a running clinic next weekend at Changi General Hospital (i paid 10 bucks to listen to talks by doctors for an entire afternoon.) I hope it helps. I mean, i don't wana be running 'the wrong way'.

Today's my first grading with SPARRING (green belt and above, yay) and it was ok i guess. We brought an incredible 79 members down for grading today, and it was definitely an incredible display of manpower. Its the first time in a long time since we've (or i've) handled such a big group of people. speaking from statistics, even 79 isnt the full force of JJ taekwondo yet.

Despite the big group of people we sent for grading today, it was a pleasant surprise how everything went smoothly today, cause cockups were begining to become a routine happening for me -_-.


We're the biggest club in the school alright.
i think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I HATE RUNNING! lol. :D