Friday, June 26, 2009

ACADEMICS

I took the chance to go swimming this morning. And i even had a good lunch, before i realised that today's Friday. Dratz, all along i thought that today was thursday.

So I'm left with 2 days before my June holidays end. It feels like I've revised so much work. I've covered so many topics. From maths, to chemistry, to biology, it feels like I've raised my understanding, and standard of these topics to a whole new level. Ironically, it also feels depressing, because I've got so many more topics to cover. I've done alot, but the thing is, there's alot MORE to do. I've never done so many topics on one single time frame, and yet still feel like the marathon is just beginning. I'm paying the price for my lack of consistent mugging for last year i guess. But hey, its not too late to start.

I've come to know of people(s) in better colleges mugging till 3am without fail everyday. And the sad reality is, in this field of academics I'm competing in, these are the monsters I'm up against. Its either them, or me. this just strengthens my resolve to do well. i hope it lasts.

Now, back to reality. Common tests start next week, and my unrealistic target is 70 points. Well, dream big or don't dream at all people, hahah. I've been doing so much content work this holidays, and I haven't practiced doing questions (apart from maths). Because of this, I know I may not do very well for this series of tests, but hey mans and womans, the strategy is long term. I'll have all the time in the world to practice different questions when school reopens. How am i supposed to practice doing different questions properly if i dont have my fundamentals set straight? If i do question practices now, then where am i gona find the time to cover my content when school reopens?
The strategy is long term, the target is alvls, the goal is A.

No comments: