Sunday, June 28, 2009

Productivity

I made a pact before a holidays that I'd try my best to make it as productive as I can, and i truely have, as far as my self discipline takes me. Though sometimes i really don't feel like doing work, don't feel like doing anything useful, anything 'academical'. Times like these, i run, swim, gym, sweat, chill, sleep to make my time as productive as I can. At least I'm improving myself one way or another, if it isn't in my academics, then let it be my physical condition =).

Everyday, i think about my alvls, my future, my job, my life. And everyday, every hour, every minute, every second I launch into the past, the pressure mounts on my shoulders. It feels like I've mounted on the weight of the rest of my life, on my shoulders, and sometimes its really tough to stand strong and push ahead. Its make or break.


I've had so many things this holiday, from important things, to emotional happenings and feats of personal achievements. From my first 42.195km, to handling over my taekwondo leadership, Michael Jackson's death and academics. Its been a productive month for me. But as much as I've tried thus far to prepare myself for the academic Everest ahead of me, it still depresses me when i think about how much more work lies ahead of me, how much more I've got to learn, and digest, and absorb, and apply. I'm not even halfway through my revision people.

Its good to be a good player
But its also important to be a good man first
- Jose Mourinho
Just what's this notion of mine
Is it genuine ?
'Cause sometimes it plays tricks on my mind

1 comment:

the soft side said...

Thinking about your life, job, and future? That's not the way to live life unless you really love being in the middle clase: where they earn enough and pay all their taxes and being poor scares the shit outta them.

Which kinda sucks.

Hang in there :)

-Arielle