Saturday, July 17, 2010

Awesome week

went for physiotherapy on Thursday at MMI (military medicine institute). They did ultrasound therapy followed by some electric current therapy thingy for my back injury, and taught me some stretches and strengthening exercises to work on every night (but I'm doing it at every opportunity lol.).

Honestly, physiotherapy is god's gift to man. I've been feeling ALOT better since my physiotherapy appointment 3 days ago. Yes, now I actually think I may be able to get over my back injury afterall. Of course, that's provided I'm extra careful not to aggravate it over the next few weeks.

This week was an awesome week. Its been so jammed pack with learning new things. yeah, we did a 4km fast march (FYI : it's RUNNING with 20kg of battle gears over your back, and a farking weapon in your hands, this is no joke .. seriously , i swear i thought my heart would stop pumping if i went any more).

Then we had a WHOLE DAY of swimming purely dedicated to perfecting our combat stroke, most likely to prepare us for our timed sea swims coming next month. (i thought my ankles were going to break from a whole day of fin swimming).

Then we had a WHOLE DAY of demolition, WHICH WAS FUCKING AWESOME I TELL YOU. it was really spectacular to experience the explosion first hand. I'm fucking privileged to have experienced this (like seriously, almost all other NSF wouldn't even get a chance do awesome shit like this). "30 seconds to detonation ! .. 5 .. 4 .. 3 .. 2 .. 1 .. BOOOOOOOOOOM!" "Fire in the hole, fire in the hole , fire in the hole !!" Fucking awesome hollywood shit i tell you !

Then we had Pilate class on one of our nights (yes, in camp). They hired a pilate instructor to come down and conduct pilate sessions for us. Gotta love em.

Then we had night time PT. which was really intense and crazy. I mean, which fucker does PT at 9pm ? -.- ..

This week was an awesome week for me.

No comments: