Thursday, December 9, 2010

Running

Running can be so addictive (of course, except when you're running your lungs and intestines haywire in 2.4km or timed 6km runs). Just get the right pair of shoes, plug in your ipod with your philips sports earphones, let the music play and let your feet take control.

Somedays, I feel good. I feel like I could go on and on forever, I feel like my wiring's been messed up, as though the new nerve center of my body is way below, in my feet. instead of me controlling where they go, they take me wherever they want to go. The spirit of exploration and a sense of appreciation for the scenic great outdoors can really make your run an addictive experience. And the music? The music makes the whole experience the sex.


The last 2 days I've had those kinds of runs. Yesterday, I decided to go for my usual 5km run, and I ended up doing around 8km. Today, I decided to go for the same run, to relive that addictive sense of mobility and freedom, and sure enough, I ended up doing 11km !

Running, though I'm not very good at it, I've come to understand why people are so in love with this sport, (though, i really dislike running in NDU, cause every time i put on my running shoes there, i'll be running as though I'm trying to escape a zombie Apocalypse, and that's very different from the kind of run I'm talking about here LOL.)

No comments: